Thursday, February 9, 2012
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup margarine
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups quick oats
2 cups cake flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 cups chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. In a medium mixing bowl combine oats, flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a large mixing bowl, cream margarine and sugars.
4.Add in egg, one at a time, beating after every addition.
5. Mix in vanilla.
6. Add about a cup of the dry mix to the margarine and sugar mix, then add another cup. Do this until it is all blended together.
7. Mix in chocolate chips
8. Form dough into medium size balls, place on cookie sheet covered with a silicone mat or just put Pam on it!
9. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 10 minutes.
I made these cookies for a Superbowl party...sadly that was the day Brutis passed. I did however get this picture of him.
And of coarse I got a picture of my cooking buddy Rollie Bear, sitting in his spot "outside the kitchen".
Recipe inspired by: http://www.pardonthedoghair.com/2012/01/potbelly-oatmeal-chocolate-chip-cookies.html